Concert Marathon
Concert Marathon
For the past few weekends, I have been attending concerts and performance by various CCAs...
1. Gu Zheng concert @ school audi. It was great. Although I was late and missed 20min of the show, I managed to catch the highlight, great job Xiao Lei((:The last piece was really touching... Well done Xiao Lei, Jie Yin, Jessicca!(: NYCO went down to perform as guest performers. Well done Heng Yeng, Xin Yi, Felicia!(:
2. NYSE concert @ NUS Yong Siew Toh Conservatory Concert Hall. I was early and grabbed a good seat with Jing Yi. It's really amazing how accurately the people playing their instruments follow their conductor... ^^ I enjoyed the concert!!! Well done Yang Jie(: (btw your hair super neat that evening:)
3. NYCB concert @ RP. So interesting heh, the juniors and the seniors really cannot compare standard x.x Nice try nevertheless(: Rob and I grabbed a seat at the side because we couldn't find a better seat... Her friend - Wei Qi was late and had to seat somewhere else. During the interval, Wei Qi found us and sat with us for the next few pieces after the interval. We left early and took Wei Qi's parents' car. Thank you!(: Congratulations NYCB! Full house woots~
(oh ya, RP canteen Western Stall sells super nice food!!! x)
4. TJC Drama performance @ TJC. Trigo asked his friend to "escort" me to TJ for the Drama performance - Zhi Min. Super nice person(: I was late for like 1hour? She was willing to wait for me and take me to TJC personally X.X and even watched the play with me although she had just watched it half an hour ago... Super touched by her hospitality... Brought me around the school at 8+ pm, introducing the various CCAs, etc. Wah... HIONG AH YOUR PE ._. hahaha, okay lets talk about the play...
Basically it's the story of Romeo and Juliet this pair of star-crossed lovers...
The way the story was presented is very "theatre". It's like back in the olden days, how plays were being performed... Very nice use of movable platforms and really neat sound effect. I must say, even with really limited lights and sounds, the theatre group did a wonderful job(: People dressed different designs of white whoolly costumes represent the 2 groups - Montgue and Capulets. I don't understand why all of them dress in white... It was kind of confusing when they fight because their costumes are too similar + the actors look alike...
OH YAH. I MUST SAY THIS. THE AUDIENCE SEAT DESIGN IS SO UNCONVENTIONAL OMG. Audience can choose to sit at the back, on the seats or even further back, on the stage. Most audience will sit on the floor. There's a really big red cloth at the centre. I guess the red cloth is somewhat symbolic. In the play, red represented 2 things - sword and Juliet's love token for Romeo. OKay maybe I think too much... Er, maybe it's random? BUT OMG THIS IS SOOOO INTERESTING!!
Oh ya forgot to mention the play was performed in their hall(: And they act on the ground, not stage. COOL MANZ(:
Well Done Trigo(: Thank you for taking MRT with me(:
There is a clear distinction between JC drama and Secondary school drama. We're too realistic to be abstract ._.
-----
Sabbaticals: Cosmology & NYSE compulsary sabbaticals.
AM sabbatical:
Stupid me forgot to opt for Sabbaticals, ended up in Cosmology - study of the universe and beyond (not cosmetics). This Sabbatical is conducted mainly by Mr Mark Shone, Mr Kevin Chan and Mr Tan Liang Hooi.
I used to be very interested in the outer space. I even have a collection of books on Astronomy. But that's the past. I still have those books but there're not with me currently... I can't believe that I've lost interest in them after spending half my primary school learning about it.... I mean, why am I so freaking fickle. No, I am just numb maybe ._. AIYA, too sian to like anything else except for math LOL.
ERRR okay what happened was that Mr Chan closed all the blinds in Phy Lab 4 and the only light source is the erm PPT. Then Mr Shone blaberblaberblaber... most people fell asleep. I tried very hard to keep my eyes open kay! But erm, ya still kinda closed my eyes but shot up everytime Mr Shone raised his voice(intonation damn good) every 4 seconds...
PM sabbatical:
I WASN'T PAYING ATTENTION HALF THE TIME BECAUSE I WAS WORRYING ABOUT STUPID CHEMISTRY SIA. I swear that I will pay 100% attention for the next 4 sessions(:
-----
I strongly recomend this book - 今生今世 by 匪我所存. Can be found in National Library, Call Number: FWSC.
读了之后感动得落泪。从来没有读过那么感人的华文书。
Okay I shall talk less and go sleep.
I believe that tomorrow will be a wonderful day.
For the past few weekends, I have been attending concerts and performance by various CCAs...
1. Gu Zheng concert @ school audi. It was great. Although I was late and missed 20min of the show, I managed to catch the highlight, great job Xiao Lei((:The last piece was really touching... Well done Xiao Lei, Jie Yin, Jessicca!(: NYCO went down to perform as guest performers. Well done Heng Yeng, Xin Yi, Felicia!(:
2. NYSE concert @ NUS Yong Siew Toh Conservatory Concert Hall. I was early and grabbed a good seat with Jing Yi. It's really amazing how accurately the people playing their instruments follow their conductor... ^^ I enjoyed the concert!!! Well done Yang Jie(: (btw your hair super neat that evening:)
3. NYCB concert @ RP. So interesting heh, the juniors and the seniors really cannot compare standard x.x Nice try nevertheless(: Rob and I grabbed a seat at the side because we couldn't find a better seat... Her friend - Wei Qi was late and had to seat somewhere else. During the interval, Wei Qi found us and sat with us for the next few pieces after the interval. We left early and took Wei Qi's parents' car. Thank you!(: Congratulations NYCB! Full house woots~
(oh ya, RP canteen Western Stall sells super nice food!!! x)
4. TJC Drama performance @ TJC. Trigo asked his friend to "escort" me to TJ for the Drama performance - Zhi Min. Super nice person(: I was late for like 1hour? She was willing to wait for me and take me to TJC personally X.X and even watched the play with me although she had just watched it half an hour ago... Super touched by her hospitality... Brought me around the school at 8+ pm, introducing the various CCAs, etc. Wah... HIONG AH YOUR PE ._. hahaha, okay lets talk about the play...
Basically it's the story of Romeo and Juliet this pair of star-crossed lovers...
The way the story was presented is very "theatre". It's like back in the olden days, how plays were being performed... Very nice use of movable platforms and really neat sound effect. I must say, even with really limited lights and sounds, the theatre group did a wonderful job(: People dressed different designs of white whoolly costumes represent the 2 groups - Montgue and Capulets. I don't understand why all of them dress in white... It was kind of confusing when they fight because their costumes are too similar + the actors look alike...
OH YAH. I MUST SAY THIS. THE AUDIENCE SEAT DESIGN IS SO UNCONVENTIONAL OMG. Audience can choose to sit at the back, on the seats or even further back, on the stage. Most audience will sit on the floor. There's a really big red cloth at the centre. I guess the red cloth is somewhat symbolic. In the play, red represented 2 things - sword and Juliet's love token for Romeo. OKay maybe I think too much... Er, maybe it's random? BUT OMG THIS IS SOOOO INTERESTING!!
Oh ya forgot to mention the play was performed in their hall(: And they act on the ground, not stage. COOL MANZ(:
Well Done Trigo(: Thank you for taking MRT with me(:
There is a clear distinction between JC drama and Secondary school drama. We're too realistic to be abstract ._.
-----
Sabbaticals: Cosmology & NYSE compulsary sabbaticals.
AM sabbatical:
Stupid me forgot to opt for Sabbaticals, ended up in Cosmology - study of the universe and beyond (not cosmetics). This Sabbatical is conducted mainly by Mr Mark Shone, Mr Kevin Chan and Mr Tan Liang Hooi.
I used to be very interested in the outer space. I even have a collection of books on Astronomy. But that's the past. I still have those books but there're not with me currently... I can't believe that I've lost interest in them after spending half my primary school learning about it.... I mean, why am I so freaking fickle. No, I am just numb maybe ._. AIYA, too sian to like anything else except for math LOL.
ERRR okay what happened was that Mr Chan closed all the blinds in Phy Lab 4 and the only light source is the erm PPT. Then Mr Shone blaberblaberblaber... most people fell asleep. I tried very hard to keep my eyes open kay! But erm, ya still kinda closed my eyes but shot up everytime Mr Shone raised his voice(intonation damn good) every 4 seconds...
PM sabbatical:
I WASN'T PAYING ATTENTION HALF THE TIME BECAUSE I WAS WORRYING ABOUT STUPID CHEMISTRY SIA. I swear that I will pay 100% attention for the next 4 sessions(:
-----
I strongly recomend this book - 今生今世 by 匪我所存. Can be found in National Library, Call Number: FWSC.
读了之后感动得落泪。从来没有读过那么感人的华文书。
Okay I shall talk less and go sleep.
I believe that tomorrow will be a wonderful day.