Pregnancy update
Pregnancy? What?
We're very lucky to have conceived naturally! Some of our friends, colleagues and relatives take many years!
Bb is now 34 Weeks Day 1! Counting down less than 1 month time :)
This pregnancy was not smooth sailing but we're glad everything is ok now.
Series of scares:
At 10 Weeks,
First Trimester Test shows 1:90 chance of trisomy anomaly
Low hormone Papp-A -> high risk of pre-term labour, miscarriage and pre-eclampsia
At 12 Weeks,
NIPT test / Harmony test shows 1 in 10,000 chance of trisomy anomaly
At 28 Weeks,
Bloody discharge, found bacteria growth and I had to take 1 week of anti-biotics (eww)
At 33 Weeks, at a regular check-up,
Ultrasound scan shows:
1. Sudden low amniotic fluid from 9cm to 4cm in 1.5 weeks
-> high risk of stillbirth & render natural birth impossible
2. Bb weight-gain from 1.98kg to 2.5kg in 1.5 weeks
Doctor did 2 tests on the day of visit:
- Swab to check if amniotic fluid is leaking
- CTG
Bb in breach position -> have to be delivered via c-section
Plus...
Too many babies born in October, there's no more operating theatre available in the 1st 3 weeks of October...
Doctor recommends emergency c-section to slot me into the OT? Does it even make any sense??
Also, because of the sudden decrease in amniotic fluid, doctor recommended that I get admitted from Wed to Sun to check Bb activity via CTG. Luckily I was given the option to go back to the hospital own time own target on Fri, Sun to do the test...
Doctor changed her mind last minute and said that Sunday's test can be done on Monday instead :) So my Sunday is free, I can proceed with Sunday brunch plan with my fav girls <3
I have to go back to the hospital to take CTG tests on Friday, Sun, and Monday to check Bb activity - if Bb is in distress... If Bb is in distress, I'll have to undergo e c-section to deliver...!! Scary.
It's ok. I've already packed my hosp bag and Bb discharge bag. I've also bought all the necessities! Just waiting for Bb to come out!!
We'll see how it goes on Monday, stay positive!
---
I'm glad I've got such supportive bosses and colleagues :) Thank you!
Also, coincidentally there are 3 other colleagues in the same dept giving birth around the same time as me. Nice to have someone to talk to abt bb...
Initially I felt a bit sad and lonely that there are no one close to me who can share these experiences and "scares" with. One word, thankful!
---
Confinement plans
Confinement meals we've ordered "Yue Zi Le" catering because there was a group buy haha. $1.7k+ with shower herbs I think.
Confinement nanny....
The initial plan was to go bring Bb to my parents' place and my mom can help with confinement and take care of Bb until Bb is around 3 years old... But then Bb's birth coincides with PSLE results release... Likely there will be no peace at home for some time. So it's much safer to stay at in-law's place... Emotional stability is important for post-partum care and Bb's growing years.
I've transferred 2 weeks of my maternity leave with CT. He'll be my full-time FOC nanny!!
Due to Covid, it's impossible to hire a nanny or maid without burning a hole in our wallets... If I have to pay so much for any of these options, I'll probably end up with severe depression... lol...
---
:)
I don't know when I'll post again, maybe Bb will be out by then haha.