Unforgettable.
i have been mugging for the past few days and managed to complete ALL the math revision papers(5), language arts hmk(2), 文化知识测试 revision paper(50 Qns) *clapclap* :D and now i'm left with geography post trip reflections and history SBQ (oh and overdue 阅读报告): !! very little time left. hurryhurry! blah, i just realised that i have to fill in the subject combination form for next year. i guess with my current (shitty) results, i can't even get promoted -.- i'm currently working on my way to A1s. must have confidence in myself!!! :D
as 'promised', i'm going to blog about the
BUKIT TIMAH HILL ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME EXPERIANCE!!
30th August
Chelsea, YueQi, YiJing, ShiaoKee and I (the same few people who risked their wrists to carry the potatoes for youth day funfair) met at the foot of the hill @ approximately 9.20am. YiJing was the first to arrive, followed by YueQi then ShiaoKee and myself(who took 9 min to reach & am very proud of it), then followed by Chelsea(who was 15min late). We were on a field trip to examine the characteristics of the tropical rainforest and to access how the plants in the tropical rainforest have adapted to the local climate(objectives). Before hand, we have decided on the different roles we were to take:
Group leader: Chelsea
Photographer: YueQi (then Myself)
Logistics manager: YiJing
Data recorders: ShiaoKee & Myself (then YueQi)
Group leader provided map of Bukit Timah Hill(taken from the visitors' center I think).
Photographer brought a 'not a very good' camera.
Logistics manager brought MILO! Potato chips! Pumpkin Chips!
Data recorder scribbled notes.
It was just a normal walk up the hill for the first twenty minutes until we saw this group of 'not really very special but special' ANTS.


Then we met this very kind person working for 'nature reserves' (he wore a 'nature reserve' uniform with name tag), showed us the way into the rock path to the REALLY HUGE BUTTRESS ROOTS.
After taking a shot of the roots and us, we decided to get out of the place with the 'guide'. We then proceeded to continue our 'walk'. Saw some waxy leaves, red/ pink/orange/white leaves, ants, more ants and of course, mushrooms, plenty of them =)
Soon after that, we reached the summit!! *TA-DAAAAA* The last time I had been to the summit of Bukit Timah Hill was half a year before PSLE, which was around two and a half years ago, therefore, I have already forgotten how it was like. The night before the trip I asked my dad(who grew up near the hill), how the view from summit was like, and he claimed that if I look closely enough, I can see some water area(sea/ocean/lake/river). But unfortunately, it was just leaves, leaves and more leaves of the canopy of the 'rainforest'. (sigh) However, I spotted this really cool tree, with lots of Waringin.


Still at the summit, we discussed where to go for lunch when we suddenly realised that we have not taken certain pictures of certain stuff and so we have to travel the rock path again -.-! The first time when we embarked on our journey into the rock path, it was quite scary with all the wet, slippery fallen leaves on the quite MacRitchie - like routes. This time, we were mentally prepared for 'that kind of walking conditions' and we were very confident in completing the path. However, it was not as easy as we thought it was. The ground we walked on are not concrete steps, not soil covered by fallen leaves, but moss covered rocks, steep steep soil(where soil erosion can occur anytime).


Then, we crossed a little 'stream' (called river channel if I am not wrong).

Finally we walked out of 'darkness'(shadow of the leaves/canopy) and into the 'light'! We were shouting and screaming like crazy and attracted quite a lot of attention!!! A group of people, one of them is YiJing's friend, ask us if we went into the Rock Path. They apparently did and did not manage to complete it. Then she helped to take a photo for us, with the 'Rock Path' sign. Thanks!
That's all for the trip and all the pictures are copyrighted & if you haven't been to the hill, make sure you try the other routes! All the best!(:
as 'promised', i'm going to blog about the
BUKIT TIMAH HILL ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME EXPERIANCE!!
30th August
Chelsea, YueQi, YiJing, ShiaoKee and I (the same few people who risked their wrists to carry the potatoes for youth day funfair) met at the foot of the hill @ approximately 9.20am. YiJing was the first to arrive, followed by YueQi then ShiaoKee and myself(who took 9 min to reach & am very proud of it), then followed by Chelsea(who was 15min late). We were on a field trip to examine the characteristics of the tropical rainforest and to access how the plants in the tropical rainforest have adapted to the local climate(objectives). Before hand, we have decided on the different roles we were to take:
Group leader: Chelsea
Photographer: YueQi (then Myself)
Logistics manager: YiJing
Data recorders: ShiaoKee & Myself (then YueQi)
Group leader provided map of Bukit Timah Hill(taken from the visitors' center I think).
Photographer brought a 'not a very good' camera.
Logistics manager brought MILO! Potato chips! Pumpkin Chips!
Data recorder scribbled notes.
It was just a normal walk up the hill for the first twenty minutes until we saw this group of 'not really very special but special' ANTS.


Then we met this very kind person working for 'nature reserves' (he wore a 'nature reserve' uniform with name tag), showed us the way into the rock path to the REALLY HUGE BUTTRESS ROOTS.
Yes, it was so huge :D (sorry ShiaoKee!)

Well, actually they are not really mushrooms, just 'fungi, undergrowth that will disappear in 3 days'(direct quote from Ms Yip).
Soon after that, we reached the summit!! *TA-DAAAAA* The last time I had been to the summit of Bukit Timah Hill was half a year before PSLE, which was around two and a half years ago, therefore, I have already forgotten how it was like. The night before the trip I asked my dad(who grew up near the hill), how the view from summit was like, and he claimed that if I look closely enough, I can see some water area(sea/ocean/lake/river). But unfortunately, it was just leaves, leaves and more leaves of the canopy of the 'rainforest'. (sigh) However, I spotted this really cool tree, with lots of Waringin.


Cool isn't it? I managed to take a picture of 2 people under the tree to compare the sizes of the tree with humans :DThe 5 of us then took some photos on/with the 'summit stone'. Unfortunately, the photo that was taken with my phone was soooooooooo unglamorous that I have to delete it. (I shall post a better picture when I get it from ShiaoKee's phone) Nothing much to write about except that if we were to sit on the stone in our uniform, we will most likely be given 6 demerit points if we were to be caught by some random teacher =.= We met 206 and 211 at the summit(:
Still at the summit, we discussed where to go for lunch when we suddenly realised that we have not taken certain pictures of certain stuff and so we have to travel the rock path again -.-! The first time when we embarked on our journey into the rock path, it was quite scary with all the wet, slippery fallen leaves on the quite MacRitchie - like routes. This time, we were mentally prepared for 'that kind of walking conditions' and we were very confident in completing the path. However, it was not as easy as we thought it was. The ground we walked on are not concrete steps, not soil covered by fallen leaves, but moss covered rocks, steep steep soil(where soil erosion can occur anytime).
This was how the route was like in the middle of the stretch of rocks. Unfortunately, I was too scared to take out my phone to snap a few more shots of the really very horrible path we had to walk through.Nearing the end of the 'rocky journey', we saw some really cute looking umbrella-shaped mushrooms on a fallen tree trunk(probably an emergent tree which was struck by lightning) of a really huge tree which we had to walk under.

specially enlarged version =)
Then, we crossed a little 'stream' (called river channel if I am not wrong).

I did not manage to catch more of the water as we were moving at a really fast pace(reaching the end of the Rock Path).
Finally we walked out of 'darkness'(shadow of the leaves/canopy) and into the 'light'! We were shouting and screaming like crazy and attracted quite a lot of attention!!! A group of people, one of them is YiJing's friend, ask us if we went into the Rock Path. They apparently did and did not manage to complete it. Then she helped to take a photo for us, with the 'Rock Path' sign. Thanks!
A VERY UNGLAM PICTURE... GARRRRRHHH!! It's okay!!
It's the experiance that matters :D